In welcome news for Federal Contractors and all employers during the COVID-19 stay at home orders and office shutdowns, E-Verify is extending the time frame to take action to resolve Social Security Administration (SSA) Tentative Non-confirmations (TNCs) due to SSA office closures to the public.
The candidate interview is an important part of the recruitment function. To recruit the best talent in the marketplace, HR department, recruitment agencies and hiring managers must be in sync and educated regarding how to carry out the interview process effectively. Our HR experts aim to give you an insight into the different interviewing practices, both conventional and unconventional. It explores and analyses the most commonly used types of interview methods—telephone interviews, video interviews, face-to-face interviews and panel interviews—and explains the objectives and techniques of behavioral, competency-based and situational approaches to interviewing.
Recruitment metrics are a standard set of measurements used to manage and improve the process of hiring candidates into an organization. Candidates can be existing employees within an organization, people entering the workforce for the first time or employees interested in job opportunities outside their current organization.
An ATS (Applicant Tracking System) automates, streamlines and simplifies an organization’s recruitment process. ATS helps you manage your end-to-end recruitment process from identifying job vacancy to hiring. Move applicants through the recruitment funnel seamlessly, reduce costs and time-to-fill job vacancy and get real time reports and updates.
Employers can choose among a wide variety of methods for fulfilling their recruiting objectives. These strategies vary based on market conditions, skill set required, the type of targeted candidates, diversity-related issues and other factors. We list out few methods that can be implemented
An ATS is a software application that helps you manage the entire recruitment process, right from receiving resumes to hiring employees. The software helps you automate the process of screening & shortlisting candidates, applicant evaluation, scheduling interviews, managing the hiring process, background verification, and completing new-hire paperwork. ATS helps in sorting through resumes, to determine which ones are the best fit for the open positions. Applicant tracking systems evaluates your resume by checking for keywords or skill sets that fit the job description. The main function of an ATS is to provide a central location and database for a company’s recruitment efforts. ATSs are built to better assist management of resumes and applicant information. Data is either received from internal applications via the ATS front-end, located on the company website or is extracted from applicants on job boards. The majority of job and resume boards (LinkedIn.com, Monster.com,, Indeed.com) have partnerships with ATS software providers to provide integration, parsing support and ease of data migration from one system to another.
Recruitment refers to the overall process of attracting, shortlisting, interviewing, selecting and hiring suitable candidates for jobs (either permanent or temporary) within an organization. Recruitment can also refer to processes involved in choosing individuals for unpaid roles. Managers, human resource generalists and recruitment specialists may be tasked with carrying out recruitment, but in some cases public-sector employment agencies, commercial recruitment agencies, or specialist search consultancies are used to undertake parts of the process. Internet-based technologies which support all aspects of recruitment have become widespread.
What does recruitment involve?
The recruitment process is each organization different, but there are essential components of the recruitment process which is common to most organizations. We’ve listed some of them here:
- Recognize and understand the hiring need
- Formulate a recruitment strategy
- Built a Job description
- Promote the job vacancy
- Attract potential candidates, both active and passive
- Recruit the position
- Screen applications
- Telephonic Interviews
- Perform technical and HR interviews
- Perform additional tests to confirm whether applicant is job fit
- Background check
- Choose best candidate
- Reference Check
- Release offer letter
Every business needs to concern itself with recruiting—whether to fill a vacancy, staff a new position or plan for succession of management. According to a SHRM research report, 83 percent of HR professionals reported having difficulty recruiting suitable job candidates in the past 12 months.
A business can recruit through two different channels: Internal recruitment is when the business looks to fill the job vacancy from within its existing employees. During external recruitment the company looks to fill the vacancy from any suitable candidate outside the company.
- Hiring Manager notifies HR department of job opening to be filled.
- Set selection benchmarks. What are the necessary skill-sets to qualify for the job?
- Hiring manager works with HR department to create the job description outlining the skills and experience needed for the job and the duties and responsibilities involved and showcase what’s in it for the employee.
- Hiring Manager works with human resources to set the budget for the opening and put in place incentives packages if required.
- Hiring managers fills out a job requisition to request a hire, explain why the resource is required, and allocate the budget set for the role. The job requisition includes job title, job description, salary, department etc.
- The open position is published and posted to internal and external hiring networks.
- HR department sources candidates via different channels such as job boards, employee networks, career portal social media, print media or staffing agencies.
- Recruiter ensures applicants have completed job applications, background check consent forms and voluntary EEO Forms.
- Candidates who are job fit are screened and shortlisted.
- Suitable applicants undergo a telephonic screening.
- Initial HR interviews are carried out to select the best fit for the job.
- Best fit candidates are selected and scheduled to meet hiring manager.
- Technical level interviews with hiring manager organized.
- HR department and hiring manager discuss candidates and suitable candidate selected for job.
- HR department gets all paperwork and forms related to interview process done such as application forms and interview takeaways, and stored securely for future use.
- Selected candidate's reference verification's and education validations are performed.
- Selected candidate's background check performed.
- Job offer customized for the candidate after HR department and hiring manager. talk through and reach a consensus on offer components for the candidate.
- HR department verbally offers job to the candidate and he accepts the offer.
- Offer letter is send to the candidate who accepts job by signing the offer letter.
- HR department sends acknowledgment letters to not selected candidates, encourages them to apply for new openings and keeps them in the talent network pipeline.
- Preboarding setup for new hire to integrate him to new company culture.
- Onboarding process scheduled for new hire.
- Employee Action Form filled by HR department and hiring manager
- HR department ensures onboarding paperwork is completed including I-9, e-verify, benefits signup, federal and state tax forms, and employee file is started.